PNG: Portable Network Graphics
PNG full form is Portable Network Graphics. It is a format for storing bit-mapped (raster) images on computer. It is also known as a successor of GIF format images. It uses the less compression technique to save images like GIF file but without copyright issues. It contains a bitmap of indexed color so it is also called bit-mapped image.
History | PNG Full Form
Portable Network Graphics Format was developed in early 1995. The main reason behind its development was the limitation of 256 colors only in GIF. PNG has a file extension “.png”.
PNG Gas | PNG Full Form
PNG is a liquefied natural gas. Originally, it was a project to develop linked gas field in the Western Provinces of Papua New Guinea.
Benefits and applications of PNG
- PNG supports various colours and patterns
- The PNG format has solid colours and sharp edges which makes it perfect for image editing.
- ONG supports digital-image compression.
- PNG helps in making comics, drawing, charts, logo creation, blueprints, graphs etc.
- By using PNG, scanning a text such as letters, journals, etc. can be done.
Advantages of PNG
- PNG provides low-resolution images that look good and load quickly.
- PNG format promotes transparency.
Disadvantages of PNG
PNG isn’t as perfect for photographs as JPEG since it produces a bigger file.
Read More post here
- CODECHEF: JUNE CHALLENGE | MATHBUZZ | PYTHON, JAVA, C++ SOLUTION
- CODECHEF: JUNE CHALLENGE | MathBuzz | PYTHON, JAVA, C++ SOLUTION
- CODECHEF: JUNE CHALLENGE | Dual Distance | PYTHON, JAVA, C++ SOLUTION
- Amazon is Hiring for Software Engineering Internship || Apply now
- CodeChef: June Challenge | Optimal Xor Set OPTSET | Python, Java, C++ Solution