A Caste(SC) Certificate is the proof of one’s belonging to a particular caste, especially in case one belongs to any of the ‘Scheduled Castes’, as specified in the Indian Constitution. Caste certificate is important for each and every individual in India, and at the same time, you cannot apply for caste certificate online in all states.
Steps to apply for Caste Certificate Online:
At present only few of the state governments only offer an online application to apply for caste certificate. In order to apply caste certificate online you should visit the respective state’s Official Backward Class Welfare Department portal and follow the below procedure:
- Visit your state’s Backward Class Welfare Portal. Department names can be different as per each state.
- Click on the link “Apply for Caste Certificate Online” Create a new account in the portal or you can fill online application form directly.
- After creating the account login into the portal using the username and password Fill in the details in an online form such as an address, contact details, personal details, local reference details, etc…
- Verify all the details you have filled in the online form and if you agree with the terms and conditions click submit button.
- Once you submitted you are supposed to click the type of document you are uploading for proof Upload the scanned copies of documents and click on the “Submit” button Once submitted, then you will get an acknowledgment slip along with the application number.
- You can take a printout of the acknowledgment slip or save it offline. Also, save the application number in order to check the application status. After the verification is done successfully, you can directly download the caste certificate from the portal itself.
- You may also get an email / SMS once the process is done. Meanwhile, you can check the status online from the same portal. On the same portal click on the “Check Caste Certificate Status” link.
- You need an application number for that.
Steps to apply for a SC/ST/OBC certificate in West Bengal :
- First of all, visit the official website https://castcertificatewb.gov.in/
- Then Go into the Citizen Corner on the left side of the panel.
- Then, click on the option of Application for SC/ST/OBC Certificate
- After this, such an interface is open which is shown in the image below
- Select District,Sub-division from dropdown list and Municipality or Block from dropdown list as per your residential jurisdiction.
- Select SC, ST or OBC and Caste/Tribe/Community.
- Enter your Name.
- Enter your Father’s Name.
- Enter your Mobile Number(Phone Number Should Be Numeric Only).
- Enter your Email ID.
- Enter your Adhar Number(Adhar Number Should Be Numeric Only).
- Enter your Date of Birth.
- Please enter your Place of Birth(STATE, DISTRICT, POLICESTATION, VILLAGE/CITY).
- Please fill up your Address.
- Please fill up your Present Address for last 6 months (C/O, State, District, Police Station,Ward/Gp, Village/Para/House No./Road, Post Office, Pin Code).
- Please fill up your Permanent Address. If Permanent Address same as Present Address then Click on â€˜yesâ€™ otherwise Click on â€˜NOâ€™ and fill up as Present Address.
- Nationality INDIAN
- Please Select your Religion.
- Please Select your Gender.
- Do you have any relative (Paternal side) cast certificate holder? if YES then give details:
- Please fill up Certificate holderâ€™s name
- Please select relation with applicant.
- Enter your Certificate Number.
- Please enter your date of issue of the Certificate.
- Please Select your Issuing Authority.
- Please enter your details of two (2) local referees.
- Please fill up Name of Referee-I.
- Please fill up Address of Referee-I.
- Please fill up Name of Referee-II.
- Please fill up Address of Referee-II.
- Please fill up Whether the applicant or his family migrated from other State/Country? If you select yes (Please fill up Migration Certificate No, Date of Issue, Country, State, District, Police Station, Village/Ward, Year of Migration).
Please Click on Save and Continue button to move on next page.
Page – II (Appears only for OBC type)
- Please enter your parent service details and click on Continue button. This section is not editable if your details doesnâ€™t belong to creamy layer rest of the from will be loaded.
- Please fill up the Agricultural land holding (Owned by mother, father and minor children)
- Please fill up the parents Income/Wealth details
Please click on Save and Continue button to move to the next page.
Page – III
On this page please enter details of your supportive documents like Applicant’s Photograph, Caste identification document, Age proof, Proof of citizenship, proof of local residence, etc.
Then click on Submit button and take download autogenerated Application form and Acknowledgement.
Procedure to apply for Caste Certificate Online is almost similar for every state. So just visit your state portal and apply for certificate.
- Google Free Android Development Course | Free Certificate
- IBM Free Certification | Data Science ML AI Cyber Security
- Vodafone is hiring for an Intern || Apply Now
- Amazon WoW For College Students[June 14; 4:30 PM]: Register Now!
- Credit Suisse is #hiring for multiple position || Apply Now
Read more post here